College of Public Health Guidebooks
The University of South Florida, College of Public Health and the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine offer a MD/MPH concurrent degree to qualified applicants. The College takes a multidisciplinary approach to Public Health – exploring social, behavioral, legal, medical and economic factors affecting public health. Through classroom work, field experience and research projects, students and faculty tackle public health issues from the local level to global communities.
The MPH degree is a minimum of 42 credits in length and 9 credits are shared between the programs. Therefore, USF MD/MPH concurrent degree students will enroll in a minimum of 33 total College of Public Health course credits. Students in the five year joint MD/MPH degree program may begin the MPH portion of the program at any time prior to the beginning of their fourth year in the MD program. Students are strongly encouraged to begin their MPH studies the year prior to entering the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine.
Catalog Info by Year
|Program of Study by Year|
The USF Tampa Graduate Catalog, including college and program requirements, and program and course descriptions, is available on the web at www.grad.usf.edu/catalog.php. Each Catalog is published and in effect for the academic term(s) noted on the title page.
Student’s Program Degree Requirements
In order to graduate, students must meet all requirements specified in the USF Catalog of their choice, except as noted below. As the University is dynamic, changes and updates to the catalog are anticipated. In contract to major requirements, which are tied to a specific catalog, all students must comply with University policies and procedures that come into effect each catalog year.
- Students cannot choose a USF Catalog published prior to admission (or readmission) or during an academic year in which they did not complete at least two terms. If a student is dropped from the system and must be reinstated, the student’s choice of Catalog is limited to the USF Catalog in effect at the time of readmission or any one Catalog published during their continuous re-enrollment.
- If state law or certification requirements change, the student must comply with the most current standard or criteria.
- If the College or Department makes fundamental changes to the program that necessitates changes in the degree requirements of enrolled students, the needs of those students will be explicitly addressed in the proposal for change and scrutinized by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- USF policies and procedures not related to degree requirements such as academic grievance procedures, student conduct code and other procedural processes and definitions may be updated each year and the student will be held to the most current catalog and procedures available.
- USF does not commit itself to offer all the courses, programs, and majors listed in this Catalog. If the student cannot meet all of the graduation requirements specified in the Catalog of choice as a result of decisions and changes made by the University, appropriate substitutions will be determined by the program to ensure that the student is not penalized.
Current Competencies (beginning fall 2017)
Concentration competencies - please see your selected concentration for the associated competencies