College of Public Health Guidebooks
Navigating your MHA experience can be challenging at times. This guide walks you through the basic steps from your first semester to graduation. We hope you take time to experience the academic events and life offered at the College of Public Health and the University of South Florida.
Admission information can be found on our Graduate Admissions page.
Master of Health Administration (MHA) Program Mission
The Master of Health Administration (MHA) degree at the University of South Florida develops students’ knowledge and skills in contemporary management methods and policy decision making, integrating a population health management approach. Students are prepared for management and leadership positions in health services and related organizations throughout the nation. The MHA degree serves early to mid-career professionals, including those seeking transition into and advancement within the health care industry, as well as well qualified recent graduates of regionally accredited undergraduate programs, or their international equivalent.
MHA Program Vision
The MHA at USF aims to become a program that:
- Will be a leading authority in health administration education and practice in Florida.
- Has a growing national reputation.
- Provides a scholarly environment that attracts the best people to freely explore their intellectual and career interests.
- Has a passion for learning and scholarship in health administration to create healthy communities.
- Is superior with a diverse learning community striving for excellence in all endeavors.
- Provides a culture that fosters personal and professional development.
- Values interdisciplinary collaboration within the College and across USF Health, the University, the community, and the industry.
MHA Program Values
- Commitment to Health Administration and Healthy Communities
- Integrity and Professionalism
- Health email account
- Getting Started
- course information and where to find
- Know deadlines and where to find Program of Study, forms, and frequently asked questions
- Keep your degree on track and in good standing:
- Student Organizations
Use your COPH Competencies Database record to update your competencies each term–the competencies are due at graduation
Plan your field experience during your third semester with your advisor
- Prepare for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) credentialing exam/Comprehensive Exam (Optional)
- Meet with your advisor the term before you graduate and review your status
- Early during the semester you plan to graduate you should register for graduation
- Participate in the COPH graduation celebration, the USF Health graduation ceremony, and join our USF and COPH alumni communities
Academic and Student Affairs is here to help. You can reach us at 813-974-6505 or call toll-free 888-USF-COPH or 888-873-2674 and press 1. Via email contact firstname.lastname@example.org or view our staff directory to contact someone directly. We are located in the WELL (MDA) across the street (Holly) from the College of Public Health.
Users may print any single page of the document using the "..." menu in the upper right corner and exporting the page to a PDF copy.
You may view View MHA Statistics regarding completion and employment rates.
This version of the MHA Guidebook is the official version of the USF College of Public Health Guidebook for the MHA degree effective for the current catalog. This is a subset of and supplement to the USF Graduate Catalog. If there are conflicts between the two documents the USF Graduate Catalog prevails. The College of Public Health reserves the right to change its rules, courses, and requirements from time to time and to make all such changes applicable to all students, whether new or continuing, when in its sole judgment such changes are deemed necessary. .
- MHA Health Email Account
- MHA Getting Started
- MHA Deadlines, Forms and FAQs
- MHA Program of Study
- MHA Courses and Syllabi
- MHA Registration
- MHA Contract Courses
- MHA Field Experience & Special Project
- MHA Internship & Internship Report
- MHA Graduation
- MHA Policies and Procedures
- MHA Professional Organizations and Government Sites
Please send feedback on the MHA Guidebook