College of Public Health Guidebooks
Concentration: Infection Control (Code: IFC)
This online concentration provides an opportunity for interested students to receive specialized and individualized training in the field of infection control and prevention. Although closely modeled after the MPH in Global Communicable Disease, the Infection Control MPH provides an initial student assessment used to design an individualized learning program specifically focused on infection control. Course offerings and areas of emphasis focusing on infection control span the College of Public Health, providing a multidisciplinary approach. This concentration allows current or future public health practitioners to expand their knowledge of infection control practices and procedures, particularly in healthcare settings. Offering this concentration on-line will facilitate students from other counties, states, and countries to achieve an MPH in Infection Control.
Program of Study
Program of Study PDF by Catalog Year
Note: You may choose a program of study that corresponds to the academic year of your admission or any year thereafter. Please see the guidelines below.
The USF Tampa Graduate Catalog, including college and program requirements, and program and course descriptions, is available on the web at www.grad.usf.edu/catalog.php. Each Catalog is published and in effect for the academic term(s) noted on the title page.
Student’s Program Degree Requirements
In order to graduate, students must meet all requirements specified in the USF Catalog of their choice, except as noted below. As the University is dynamic, changes and updates to the catalog are anticipated. In contract to major requirements, which are tied to a specific catalog, all students must comply with University policies and procedures that come into effect each catalog year.
- Students cannot choose a USF Catalog published prior to admission (or readmission) or during an academic year in which they did not complete at least two terms. If a student is dropped from the system and must be reinstated, the student’s choice of Catalog is limited to the USF Catalog in effect at the time of readmission or any one Catalog published during their continuous re-enrollment.
- If state law or certification requirements change, the student must comply with the most current standard or criteria.
- If the College or Department makes fundamental changes to the program that necessitates changes in the degree requirements of enrolled students, the needs of those students will be explicitly addressed in the proposal for change and scrutinized by the Office of Graduate Studies.
- USF policies and procedures not related to degree requirements such as academic grievance procedures, student conduct code and other procedural processes and definitions may be updated each year and the student will be held to the most current catalog and procedures available.
- USF does not commit itself to offer all the courses, programs, and majors listed in this Catalog. If the student cannot meet all of the graduation requirements specified in the Catalog of choice as a result of decisions and changes made by the University, appropriate substitutions will be determined by the program to ensure that the student is not penalized.
If you have advising questions regarding this concentration please email