Learn Box | UnBoxables | Migration Plans | Downloads | FAQ | Why? | Support | Box Day recording: usf.edu/learnbox
The USF Box Service provides a simple, secure way to store, share and and collaborate on files and folders online at no additional charge. Box consolidates all of your files in a single location, easily accessible from anywhere, on any device. You can create files and folders, share them using a direct link, invite others to collaborate, and continue to revise and review your content.
Main Features of the USF Box Service
- View files of many types in your browser or mobile device, including images and audio/video; for a full list, see Box support's What file types and fonts are supported by Box's Content Preview?
- Access content through all major current web browsers (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and through mobile devices running iOS, Android, and BlackBerry
- Access files without the need for a VPN
- Share files and folders while controlling the level of access others have, with a range of permissions from view-only to full editing and collaboration rights
- Comment on files
- Create simple workflows using assigned tasks
- Sync files between your desktop and other devices, and access them even when offline
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE
Sensitive Data Controls (HIPAA/FERPA/PII) – Box is a fully compliant HIPAA / FERPA storage system. As such, the responsibility of adhering to sharing of information is owned by the individual data steward / data owner. If however, you would like additional controls programmatically enforced (such as inability to share outside of the organization/only select users can share information etc.) USF IT Security can work with you to put such controls in place as appropriate. If you would like a consultation, please contact the Security Operations Team in the USF IT Office of Information Security: firstname.lastname@example.org
IRB Grant Data – If you would like controls in place around your IRB grant data, such as only sharable by the PI themselves etc. Please contact the Security Operations Team in the USF IT Office of Information Security: email@example.com