Learn Box | UnBoxables | Migration Plans | Downloads | FAQ | Why? | Support | Box Day recording: usf.edu/learnbox
The USF Box Service provides a simple, secure way to store, share and and collaborate on files and folders online at no additional charge. Box consolidates all of your files in a single location, easily accessible from anywhere, on any device. You can create files and folders, share them using a direct link, invite others to collaborate, and continue to revise and review your content.
Main Features of the USF Box Service
- View files of many types in your browser or mobile device, including images and audio/video; for a full list, see Box support's What file types and fonts are supported by Box's Content Preview?
- Access content through all major current web browsers (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and through mobile devices running iOS, Android, and BlackBerry
- Access files without the need for a VPN
- Share files and folders while controlling the level of access others have, with a range of permissions from view-only to full editing and collaboration rights
- Comment on files
- Create simple workflows using assigned tasks
- Sync files between your desktop and other devices, and access them even when offline
As currently implemented, the use of Box is authorized for data that is not considered ‘sensitive or restricted’, such as PII, PHI, or data contractually-prohibited from being stored in a Cloud Service. If the data you are storing or plan to store is PII, PHI, or otherwise protected by contract or Federal/State legislation, additional safeguards will need to be implemented to further secure the data for compliance. Please contact the Security Operations Team in the USF IT Office of Information Security: email@example.com