What is the GQ?
- A national questionnaire that is administered by the AAMC to graduating medical students across the United States.
Why is the GQ important to MCOM?
- The data is used to evaluate our programs, in order to improve medical students’ experiences. The data is also important for our accreditation status.
Am I required to complete the GQ?
- The questionnaire is voluntary, but your participation is highly encouraged.
What areas will I be asked to evaluate?
- Pre-clinical, clinical, and elective experiences
- General medical education and readiness for residency
- Student services
- Experiences of negative behaviors
- Financial aid and indebtedness
- Career intentions
- Strengths of the medical school and areas of improvement
Are my responses confidential?
- Yes, your responses are confidential. The AAMC does not release any identifiable data to schools or other organizations.
What is the timeline for data collection?
- February 14, 2020 through June 5, 2020
What is the expected response rate?
- 85% (if met by April 15, 2020 then the Office of Student Affairs will subsidize $1,000 for the senior party)
Who do I contact if I have any questions regarding the questionnaire?
You may contact Brittany Sheehy, Ph.D. via email at email@example.com
If you need more information, you can visit here: https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/students-residents/report/graduation-questionnaire-gq.
The GQ may use terms that are not commonly used by MCOM, but have similar meanings. Below is a guide to help you:
Integrated Clerkship – Combined Clerkship (e.g. Psychiatry/Neurology, Women’s Health/Pediatrics, and Primary Care)
- Emergency Medicine Clerkship – MCOM does not have an Emergency Medicine clerkship
- Internal Medicine Clerkship – Adult Medicine Clerkship
- Family Medicine Clerkship - Primary Care Clerkship
- Office of the Dean of Students/Associate Dean for Students – Drs. Kira Zwygart and Melissa Brannen
- Office of the Dean of Educational Programs/Curricular Affairs – Drs. Deborah DeWaay and Robert Barraco
- Career Planning Services – MD Career Advising – Dr. James Mayer