What is the GQ?
- A national questionnaire that is administered by the AAMC to graduating medical students across the United States.
Why is the GQ important to MCOM?
- The data is used to evaluate our programs, in order to improve medical students’ experiences. The data is also important for our accreditation status.
Am I required to complete the GQ?
- The questionnaire is voluntary, but your participation is highly encouraged.
What areas will I be asked to evaluate?
- Preparedness for Residency
- Elective Experiences
- Learning Environment
- Adequacy of Student Services
- Specialty Choice and Career Plans
- Financing of Education
- Strengths of your Medical Education and Areas Needing Improvement
- The Positive and Negative Impacts of COVID-19 on your Preparation for Residency
Are my responses confidential?
- Yes, your responses are confidential. The AAMC does not release any identifiable data to schools or other organizations.
What is the timeline for data collection?
- February 14, 2021 through June 4, 2021
What is the expected response rate?
- 85% (if met by April 15, 2021 then the Office of Student Affairs will provide a stage clip video for each member of the class at Commencement. ~$900)
What are the incentives?
- 4 Sets of 6 VIP Tickets
- 2 Reimbursement of Regalia ($217)
- 2 Gift Cards to Ulele ($50)
- 3 Gift Cards to Uber ($25)
- 1 Gift Card to Amazon ($75)
The GQ may use terms that are not commonly used by MCOM, but have similar meanings. Below is a guide to help you:
- Basic Science Course – Basic science disciplines that are integrated throughout the pre-clerkship courses
- Biostatistics/Epidemiology – EBCR 1 and2
- Introduction to Clinical Medicine/Introduction to the Patient - Doctoring 1 & 2
- Integrated Clerkship – Combined Clerkship (e.g. Psychiatry/Neurology, Women’s Health/Pediatrics, and Primary Care) but you will rate them separately
- Emergency Medicine Clerkship – MCOM does not have an Emergency Medicine clerkship
- Internal Medicine Clerkship – Adult Medicine Clerkship
- Family Medicine Clerkship - Primary Care Clerkship
- Office of the Dean of Students/Associate Dean for Students – Drs. Kira Zwygart and Melissa Brannen
- Office of the Dean of Educational Programs/Curricular Affairs –Drs. Deborah DeWaay, Craig Doupnik, and James Mayer
- Career Planning Services – MD Career Advising – Dr. James Mayer
- Library – Shimberg, Florida Blue Health Knowledge Exchange, Lehigh Valley Health Network